Hi friends! It’s that time of the year where every blogger you follow is talking about Nordstrom’s 2020 Anniversary Sale. Is it just me or did the hype increase more this year than in previous years? I’m guessing it’s because staying at home has everyone on their phones a lot more than usual and there’s nothing else to talk about. I was debating whether or not I should share my picks from this sale considering I’m very new to the blogging game but figured why not. Instead of posting links to things I would wear, I think it would be the most helpful to break this out into 2 parts: what I currently own from Nordstrom (that is included in the sale) and what I hope to purchase. Keep reading to see what I recommend is worth buying during 2020’s Nordstrom Anniversary Sale!
To preface I wanted to mention a few things in case you are new to the Nordstrom anniversary sale and trying to figure out how it all works. This year, due to current circumstances, all items that would be part of the Nordstrom anniversary sale was available for everyone to view on July 24th. This allows you to save a “wish list” of all the items you want to buy. Then if you have Nordstrom credit card, based on your tier group (seen below) you will have access to purchase those sale items on your wish list. Once the sale is over, all the items will go back to their original price.
If you have a Nordstrom credit card then make sure to sign into your account and check your status! I don’t have a Nordstrom credit card and don’t plan on getting one just for the sale. I will be shopping between August 19-30th and if the things I want are available, GREAT and if they are not available by the time I shop, I will live LOL. With that being said, let’s get started!
Items I Currently Own
Here are all of the items I’ve bought from the previous years that are part of the Nordstrom’s 2020 Anniversary Sale:
- Spanx Faux Leggings – if there is one item you *need* from this sale, it’s these leggings! They are high waisted (helllllo pizza) and so flattering! Not to mention, they are so versatile and can be worn so many different ways! I wear them to work out, when I travel and even wear them out for dinner! They are regularly $98 but on sale they are $68 which is the lowest I have ever seen them. Future blog post on how I would style these pants coming soon!
- Patagonia Better Sweater – Bought this sweater to wear under my ski jacket and it keeps me plenty warm. Can’t go wrong with Patagonia and The North Face when it comes to quality. Regularly this sweater is $120 but during this sale it is $84.
- Adidas UltraBoosts – I love my UltraBoosts! I have them in white and my boyfriend has the mens Ultraboost’s in black. They fit true to size. Regular price is $180, but the sale price is $120! The all white definitely gets dirty (especially if you are like me and don’t look after your shoes, see pictures for proof) but they look and feel amazing. Keeyan loves his black UltraBoosts and recently bought a replacement because he used his first pair so much lol! This would be a great gift for any man or gal in your life!
- Thread & Supply Fleece Pullover – I think I snagged this last year during Nordstrom’s 2019 Anniversary sale. It’s a nice big comfy pullover that will keep you warm and cozy. I’m wearing a size small and it is a little oversized on me. Great to wear with leggings too!
- Marc Fisher Yulunda Pumps – I’m super picky when it comes to pumps that I wear to work. They need to be block heel and short but not too short to make you feel frumpy. More importantly I need to be able to wear them for 8+ hours a day without wanting to cry. I own many Marc Fisher shoes and sandals and they have yet to fail me. Price wise they are on the the pricier side however the quality, durability and comfort of this pair makes it so worth it! Regular price is $160 and they are on sale for $100. Fits true to size.
- BDG Mom Jeans– I bought these jeans last year because I wanted a pair of mom jeans that didn’t have holes. This pair was cute and comfortable. I wear a size 26 and they fit me well.
- Barefoot Dreams Socks – I’ve talked about these socks before (you can read about all the clothes I’m currently living in here) and they truly do live up to the hype. They are super soft, comfortable and I wear them all the time around the house. Regularly these socks are $15 for one pair but this sale allows you to get 2 for $20!! Buy one for yourself and give the other one to your mom or friend!
- Beauty Blender Set– If you don’t already have a beauty blender it’s the best sponge to blend your makeup! There are so many dupes out there but this one is the OG. Usually a single beauty blender is $20 but during the Nordstrom Anniversary sale you can get TWO and the sponge cleaner for 30 bucks total!
On My Wishlist
I went through all of the items that would be part of the Nordstrom’s 2020 Anniversary sale and there were some goodies for sure. I won’t be linking all of the items I want because that would be too many and leave me broke LOL. Instead, I will be linking all of the items that are on my wish list this year that I will be buying (if they are still available by August 19th)! One important note – I haven’t tried any of these items on so they might not fit right. I’ll try to update this post once these items come in 🙂
- Marc Fisher Booties – I love the “cloud suede” colored booties and would wear them with jeans and dresses.
- Alo Sports Bra– I love the light blue color and the back of this sports bra. I can see myself wearing this on some hikes this year, if my next few trips don’t get canceled *crosses fingers*
- Free People Cropped Tank– This color of this yellow tank is so pretty. I would probably pair this with my white work out pants and would also wear this outdoors.
- BP Long Sleeve Dress – I saw a few bloggers posting this dress and automatically fell in love with the floral print. It looks comfortable and a great transitional piece into fall/winter. If I didn’t already own 100 leopard print pieces, I would probably buy the leopard print too!
- Ribbed Off The Shoulder Sweater – A great winter piece that could be worn with jeans or skirt. I would love to wear this during the holidays!
Hopefully this gives you a little insight to the things I will be trying to snag during this sale. All of the items I currently own and the items I wish to buy are pieces that can be worn multiple times over the years! Are you shopping Nordstrom’s 2020 Anniversary sale this year? If so, what do you have your eye on? Let me know in the comments below!